About this site
This site has been co-written by residents since 2001. It is provided as a place for community conversations to take place in a civic space.
Articles, photos, news, upcoming events, etc are added to the site by residents. The site is maintained by the headingley.org team. The site has no party-political affiliation and, thanks to the financial support of Headingley Network, residents can use the site for free. Using this site you can -
- Find out what is happening in the community
- Contribute to the community by adding -
- upcoming events
- photos from your computer
- Network with other residents
- Publicise your club or society
- Have a cluster of pages for your residents' association
- Update any pages you have added whenever you wish
- Residents will also be invited to join the eMailing list, chat@headingley, whose messages you can see in the "New notices" menu on the left
Anyone who supports our aims is invited to become a member. The process will take 5 minutes. This is because we ask some community-minded questions. See those questions in full and our approach to privacy.
When you apply to become a member, you have to wait for two emails (one with a password, the other with authorisation). We approve all accounts manually - a laborious process that is necessary to stop spammers.
Once logged in, it is easy to add content to the site, such as upcoming events, news + discussion, photos, etc.
If you know of someone without a computer, who would like to join, please tell them that internet access is free at Headingley library.